Taking your English Proficiency Test

International students must demonstrate adequate skills in spoken and written English before they can be admitted to U.S.A. colleges and universities. English language proficiency is also required before a college or university will issue Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status (Form I-20), which is required before an international student can apply for an F-1 visa. Learn More

College Admissions in the United States

The college admission process for international students who want to pursue a postsecondary education at a U.S.A. college or university is similar to the process for U.S.A. students. But, international students must also demonstrate English language proficiency and ability to pay.
Learn More

Scholarships and Financial Aid

Scholarships and financial aid for international students in the U.S. is limited. However, the colleges and universities that participate in the Cappex American Scholarships have agreed to provide scholarships to international students who apply for admission through the Cappex Application, are accepted and enroll at the college or university. These scholarships function as a discount on tuition and fees. Learn More

Obtaining a Student Visa

Applying for a student visa to study in the U.S.A. is a process involving several steps. International students must find the right colleges, prove that they have enough money to pay for college costs, demonstrate English language proficiency, get accepted by one or more colleges, accept the offer of admission from one of these colleges, obtain a Form I-20 from this college and apply for a visa. Learn More

Coming to the United States

Before you depart for the U.S.A., some advance preparation can save you money and avoid problems. Planning for travel to the U.S.A. should begin several months before you board an airplane flight to the U.S.A. Learn More

Working in the United States

There are many opportunities for international students to work in the United States of America while on the F-1 student visa. The two main types of employment are on-campus and off-campus, each restricted by a different set of government and college rules. International students who have any questions about working on or off campus should talk with the college’s Designated School Official (DSO), which is usually the international student advisor. Learn More